The Somebody's Wife Show


Basketball Wives of VH-1



















I finally caught a glimpse of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. A few days later I saw Football Wives. I'm not a mindless TV watching gal. Since Stringer Bell and Jack Bauer left me hanging I don't watch much TV at all. I guess people haven't had enough drama in their own lives so they are thoroughly entertained by these ladies. I've had my share of run-ins with the petty, beautiful, and superficial to last a lifetime. Thanks!


As I sat back with my tall, non-fat, caramel macchiato with extra caramel, I thought to myself, "Whew!" Had it not been for the Lord, some good sense, and a mean-spirited self-absorbed millionaire I could be on one of these shows crying about child support, alimony, my would-be career. Did I ever tell you about the time I blindly fell in love, stayed in love, and came crashing out of love with a (Beeeeeeeeep) player?  I must have been out of my mind.

Could you imagine me in the picture above? I mean, well, yeah. I may blend in by complexion and sheer hotness but my occupational and academic report card kicks me out of the club.  Perhaps that song from Sesame Street would be playing - "One of these kids is doing her own thing."  Can I get an "amen" for girls with parents who gave them some self-esteem and what my grandmother would call "gumption" !

I'm very happy that my (big ol' ) pay check and W-2 have MY name on it. So glad I didn't end up on one of those reality TV shows "The Ex-Wives of Professional Athletes that Never Really Reached Their Potential"....or something like that.

Kamryn Quote: "I'll keep talking about my past mistakes as long as someone keeps learning from them."

1 comment:

  1. Thats a powerful quote. And great article. It's all supply and demand. The public demands buffoonery and childish, irresponsible entertainment. So thats what the media delivers.

    ReplyDelete